Today we celebrated our 26th Anniversary, so I thought I'd share some wedding pics with y'all!
I'd also like to share something my husband wrote on Unifyer yesterday and I'll also share my response to him. (Just in case you don't know....Unifyer is a communication tool used by churches and it's awesome.) ***CAUTION.....YOU MAY THINK THIS IS A LITTLE SAPPY! LOL
So here is what Andy wrote:
Things I Know About Marriage After 26 Years!
1. Marriage gets better with Age!
2. Love only becomes real through time, trials, and togetherness
3. To care for ONE person for so many years is indescribable. You HAVE to experience it.
4. Looking back shows you how far you've come.
5. 26 years is not very long, and I long for more.
6. Life After Kids is Awesome. (I loved having Kids, but they are not the highlight of our marriage)
I know that its a day early but I love my wife now more than I ever could imagine. I know that I have said that throughout the years, but it keeps growing to unimaginable depths. I never realized that love is so unstoppable and it makes me long for what our love will be in 26 more!
How can you have a marriage so full of Love?
1. Forgive one another daily.
2. Desire one another Hourly.
3. Prefer one another every minute. (put the other first)
4. Think of one another every second.
and learn how to do this through the ONE who taught it to us.
Here was my response to what he wrote:
I'm in tears after reading this and I'm almost speechless because words can't even express my love for my husband! Last night as I laid in my bed not able to sleep, I just watched my Andy, my honey, my best friend, sleep so sound and so calm and it made me smile, as I looked at his face and thought about how much I love him!
He means more to me than life itself and living life with him just gets better every day. Our love just deepens more and more by the minute and the longing in my heart for him never goes away, in fact it just gets stronger and stronger! I still light up when he walks through the door and I still want to spend every waking moment with him.
Being married for 26 years is a long time, but to me, it's not long enough! I long for many more years to spend with my honey and he is so right......marriage does get better with age! If it's this good now after 26 years......I can't even imagine how blissful it will be in the years to come!
I love you babe and thank you for loving me and for still making my heart go pitter patter, even after 26 years of marriage! You're the best husband and friend I could have ever dreamed of having! We were made for each other and I thank God for giving me you! Happy Anniversary my love!