Saturday, September 19, 2009

Lesson 2 ~ Apertures

Ok, so this weeks lesson was on Apertures and Depth of Field. I tried to come up with something creative to illustrate my assignment, in case you're wondering what's up with the marbles and the mirror, in my side yard? LOL I must say it was a bit challenging, with the wind and my cat Cheetoh putting his paws up on the mirror, to see what I was up to. Not to mention the three cars that came flying up the driveway leaving a cloud of dust floating my way, after I worked so hard, cleaning every little speck off of that mirror! *sniff, sniff* Oh well, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out anyway and I can't wait, til my instructor critiques me. I will add her comments to the bottom of my post, as soon as she gets to my photos, which will be sometime this coming week.....she has hundreds of photos to go through and critique each week!

If you're wondering......YES, the second photo is supposed to be blurry, except for the marbles that I was focusing on! Can you tell which one I was focusing on? I'll give you a hint....it's the one that is sharp and in focus! :)

Lesson 2: Apertures

Closed Aperture

Shutter Speed ~ 1/250
Aperture ~ f/22.0
ISO ~ 800
Focal Length ~ 50.0 mm

***click on the picture to enlarge!

Open Aperture

Shutter Speed ~ 1/4000
Aperture ~ f/1.8
ISO ~ 100
Focal Length ~ 50.0 mm

***Here is the comment from my teacher...

candice*stringham
[Sep 30, 2009 at 08:11 PM]
I love the use of the mirror! Coupled with the open aperture, the photo has the feel that the marbles are floating. Great job obstacles and all!

deje34
[Oct 02, 2009 at 04:08 AM]
Thank you Candice.....I look so forward to your critique, to see if I actually got it right. This assignment was a fun challenge for me and I feel like I was able to get a little creative with it, which by the way, it doesn't come natural for me to think outside the box, but I'm workin' on it! Thank you, for your comment....I am so happy right now!!!

5 comments:

  1. Thats where my Marbles went! I thought it got a little quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi DJ, I just watched the SADDEST movie (Changeling) and I can't go to sleep. Wanted to respond to your blog comment. I am TOTALLY going to post the bacon pic's LOL, just haven't downloaded them yet to my computer. :) And that water/spit was so funny, I'd do a replay anyday, and I AGREE, we need some more tortalini (sp?) :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! Changeling was a HORRIBLE movie! All the worse for being true! And the real story was even worse than the movie, I googled it the day after I watched it (at Suzy's suggestion, never trust her anymore!!). So what brought about chocolate covered bacon??? Seriously!?! I make a yummy soup with tortellini. I use a couple boxes of chicken stock/broth, boil some turkey meatballs in it, add whatever veg I want, usually carrots, maybe corn, too, throw in some cheese tortellini, and it's finished! Add a loaf of Fred Meyer french bread, and YUM!! Ron I. ate three bowls of it. I know you can't have the meatballs, but I bet it's still good without them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle F and Michelle H., I heard about that movie and I for one would never watch it! There are certain kinds of movies that I can't handle!

    Michelle H, we ran across the choc. covered bacon on our picture taking adventure last Sunday and I'm sure Michelle F. will be posting about it because she took a pic of it. Here's a little hint though......don't try it! EWWW! Your tortellini soup sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails