Sunday, November 28, 2010

Your Hands by JJ Heller

(***Don't forget to pause my music player in the right sidebar before you play the video)


This morning, something reminded me of this song, so I thought I would share it on here.  It seems to go right along with the things that are going on around us at the moment!  The lyrics are in the video, so I won't take the time to type them out.  Please remember to pause my music player before you start the video! :)

It was so great to be in church this morning and I have to say.....it was AWESOME!  The music was sooo good and the message was one that I'll never forget.  It was one of those where you lose track of time because you're so ingrossed in it and you almost don't want it to end! I don't know what's happening, but God is doing something in our church.....something really, really great and I love it!  Our church has really transformed into the church I always knew it could be.  One with people who are "real" and not superficial!  One with people who are loving and not judgemental! One with people who just simply love Jesus and One with people who have grace with other's, even when they may not deserve it!  Sure...we've always had a pretty loving church, but now it's different....it's deeper....it's real!  That's what happens when you go through major trials together and you keep your eyes on Jesus and not each other!

It's been a wild ride this past year, with so many trials and it's been so encouraging to see how our church family has handled them.  Of course, we are no where near perfect and yes, there are always a few who don't handle things well or in the right manner, but that's where grace comes in folks.

We're still going through some trials, with four of us recovering from major surgeries and with the loss of one of our dear members who is now in heaven.  Also, the time is drawing near, for us to part with our dear friend Dale, as the brain tumor overtakes his body.  It's so painful to watch this unfold, but soon he will be in heaven and he will feel pain no more.  My heart aches as I watch my sweet friend in anguish, as she takes care of her dad, all the while her heart breaking because she will soon have to say goodbye!

Things are bitter sweet these days, as we experience pain and loss in so many families and at the same time, we are also experiencing such joy and growth!  I'm so thankful for so many new families and for the family that joined this morning too.....wow....will I ever remember all of their names? lol 

I hope you all like this song.  Music speaks to me and this song happens to be the theme of my life and of my church family's lives right now!

4 comments:

  1. I love that song, and her singing.
    It's great to hear how your church is really growing in such a good way. The trials you are going through are hard, but it sure does make us grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so encouraging to hear!!! I think we are moving in that direction too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mari, you are so right!
    Sara, I'm happy to hear that your church is moving in the same direction too...it's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely song.. grabbed my heartstrings. What church do you go Debra? Did I ask that already? Hugs... Joy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails