Monday, June 14, 2010

Learning To Use Actions in Photoshop!

I've always wanted to learn how to use actions in photoshop, so I was so excited, when I ran across Amanda's online workshops over at Everyday ElementsI can't say enough about Amanda and how helpful she's been to me!  I've already learned so much from her and I must say.....her tutorials are awesome and I LOVE her actions!  I highly recommend her All About Actions class, if you want to learn how to install and use actions, in Photoshop.  Click on the links above to check out her blog and the other classes she offers!
(My daughter Kasey)  I ran Amanda's Deep Clean action and then I ran her Soften and Sharpen action, just to soften her hair a bit.  (This is my first attempt at editing with actions)

I ran Amanda's Deep Clean action + Soften and Sharpen + I also ran CoffeeShop's B&W Classic and Bittersweet Vintage on this pic.  Rita over at CoffeeShop has a lot of actions and tutorials also, so you might want to check out her blog too.  Oh and I also added a texture, used the soft light blending mode and turned the opacity way down, then erased it on her face and skin.
(Tori and Billy)  Amanda's Deep Clean + Soften and Sharpen + CoffeeShop's Perfect Portrait only to define her eyes a bit. Just so you know.....I didn't need to use all three actions.....I was just experimenting with them and I mostly only used the Deep Clean action. 

I also added the Golden Sun Glow overlay to give the background a little glow of color.  You can check out Patti's textures and overlays at Kaleidoscope I'll be talking about her textures in a future post.

I added Pioneer Woman's Sepia Tone action to this one and I love how it turned out! Check out the link to see her actions and tutorials. 

I'm having so much fun with actions and now I'm so excited about Photoshop!

6 comments:

  1. I keep thinking about getting photo shop, but haven't taken the plunge yet. I have to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mari, you would love everything you can do with it, but I must warn you...it is addicting! Lol I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 and Adobe Premiere Elements 7, but the Elements 8 is out now, so I would recommend that one. Do you have Costco where you live? I got mine there and got a pretty good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DJ, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture and photoshopping you did on Tori and the puppys picture! So cool, I can't wait to see what you do with my pic's! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SO sweet!! Thank you for such an endorsement!! You have been an enthusiastic and supportive "student!" I really appreciate it! Your shots are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was like reading a foreign language! ha!

    I have not yet entered the editing world on photos. I am not sure I would know what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great. I love PW 70's action. It's one of my faves. :)

    {your dog story made me giggle... hehe}

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails