Saturday, February 28, 2009

Simple But Scrumptious Cheesecake

This truly is the best cheesecake I have ever had! Trust me, you will keep going back for more... and more... and more. It sort of reminds me of a lemon icebox pie, but so much better.....I mean seriously, we actually fight over the last piece. I have been making this recipe for years and not only is it simple, but you just can't mess it up! (sorry this pic was taken with my old camera)


8 oz. pkg. of Philadelphia cream cheese (must use the block of cream cheese! If you use the spread in the tub, it won't set up and you will end up with cheesecake soup) :o)
1 can of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla ( I don't measure, but I like a little more than a teaspoon)
1 graham cracker crust
Strawberries, Cherries or blueberries (I slice up fresh or frozen strawberries in a bowl and add enough sugar to make them sweet.) If you use canned cherries or blueberries, make sure they are sweetened...I like the wilderness brand.
Let cream cheese stand at room temperature until very soft. Using your mixer...cream the Philadelphia cream cheese, add Eagle Brand Milk and mix, add lemon juice and vanilla and mix until smooth with no big lumps, then poor into Graham Cracker Crust and refrigerate until set. (If you're not going to eat the whole pie right away, I recommend that you don't put the strawberries directly on the cheesecake. Just put topping on each individual piece, so it doesn't make the graham cracker crust soggy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails