Monday, March 30, 2009

Helpful Hint and a Recipe

Ok, first of all let me just say, I AM SO GROSSED OUT! I made Michelle's Broccoli Soup recipe before I watched this video, therefore I did not clean the leeks properly. I wonder how much dirt I actually ate? Oh well, at least it was cooked, right? EWWW! If you've never cooked with leeks before.....trust me.....you'll want to watch this video! (Click the x, in the bottom right hand corner of the video, to get rid of the google ads)
(Remember to pause my music player, on the right, before you click on the videos)




This Leek and Potato soup looks good and very simple to make. I just might have to give this recipe a try.

3 comments:

  1. Wow I didn't realize there would be that much dirt in there. Thanks for the tip. I've never cooked with leeks before so hopefully I'll remember this! Hope you're having a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debra;-)

    Really good information to have about cleaning leeks. I've never cooked with them before. Do they have a taste that's similar to any other vegetable I might know? The cleaning process reminded me of cleaning a bunch of celery...dirtier toward the outside and cleaner toward the middle.

    Have a great day;-)

    Blessings,

    Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've never eaten leeks before, but now if i do, i'll know how to clean it :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails